Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week Two

We started off the week with a bang. Bright and early Monday morning we piled into the 15 seater vans and headed off to Victoria harbor. There awaited the Pacific Swift, a 115-foot sailing ship which we would help crew for the next 4 days. The trip was full of memories, you'll have to ask me about them some time. The highlight had to have been witnessing a gorgeous sunset to our bow and a massive rainbow to our stern just as we were laying anchor for the night. We got back from the trip at 5:45 on Friday evening and headed off to New Life for youth at 6:15. It was the first event of the year for the church, and was the first youth event for us Kaleo students. I won't sugar coat things or build myself up. It was really really hard to connect with anyone that night. The event, called 'The Hunger' was excellent. It was like a church service for teens, complete with P&W, dramas, videos and a sermon-like talk. There were lots of kids, which made it a somewhat daunting task to get to know any of them. I did get to play some 3 on 3 b-ball with an awesome guy named Nova and two strangers in a park whom I thought were from the church and introduced myself to, but turned out to be strangers. They must have thought I was a loony. Next time I will try to get to know the kids and leaders in the youth group more. It seems really hard when there's 80 kids. Prayer on that subject would be awesome, I feel really small there. Till next week, keep it classy, Canada!

No comments: