Sunday, October 28, 2007

Meet the Kaleosons

It's interesting how this is the only week where we have not done anything crazy, and it has felt like the fastest week. I though that when you're having fun time flies. Not that I'm not having fun, it's that it is a different sort of fun. Before we were exploring the island and going on adventures. This week we were staying around camp. Last weekend was the Juniors retreat, which seems like it was less than a week away. After they left, I worked hard for 3 days to get my Hermeneutics pre-course work in. Now we're halfway through Hermeneutics. On Thursday night, which seems like last night, we climbed (hiked) Maple Mountain, the hill that overlooks Qwanoes. From there you can see all the way to Vancouver. It was a marvelously clear night, a far cry from the week before. Friday night was youth night, but instead of a regular youth event, it was family movie night at New Life. Both Steves, Kelsey and myself worked the concession stand before the movie began. We sold a lot of candy and popcorn for "Meet the Robinson's." Fun movie. Best part had to have been the old grandpa with the woodchuck on his arm. After the movie, we stayed behind an hour or so to clean up the thirteen tons of garbage, empty drink cans, and spilled popcorn. Then we stacked chairs and set up for a wedding. Saturday was another class. Today I, along with the two Steves, helped Kelsey with children's church (a.k.a. Promised Land). What a blast! I really can't wait for the next youth event, The Hunger, which will give me another chance to get to know the kids. We really have only had one event where I have got to know anyone, so I need some more practice with their names. Adios!

No comments: