This week was not a week of play... yet. Tonight may be a party since we are all done our work now. We finished hermeneutics up on Wednesday and had Jim's class on Friday. Today (being Sunday) was the due date for all our Spiritual Formation post-work. People have been pulling some pretty late nights. I finished the bulk of my writing on Friday night. Friday also happened to be youth, so me and Stainless ripped 'er out to Vimy hall for a special edition of "The Hunger," the once a month worship night. And what a night it was! I never knew these kids had a capacity for worship like they did. The night started off with candy apples and whatever else they had. Sugar I suppose had some impact in the amazingly energetic bunch of songs that came next. We were all dancing around having a great time. Linda shared a bit and then the kids (youth, whatever) went to stations doing different sort of prayer exercises based on the psalms. It was amazing to see the kids first listen to Linda so attentively, then pray and not disrupt anyone. Steve and I just sat back and prayed the whole time; it was an amazing moment. You could tell that God was working in so many lives and in great ways. It's one of those things you can just know. Then the band started up again and we had a huge party dancing and singing and having a great time. It was afterwards dubbed a "God Party". It was a great time. We got back from youth and before even going back to my room I got plopped on the drum kid (which I had no objections of doing) and continued praising God in Qtown. I continued to drum all weekend, as well as finish my homework.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment