Only 4 days until YQ!!!!
On a different note.... Youth this week was a disappointment of sorts. While I'm sure there was lots of fun to be had, I didn't feel that me running around chasing people was the best way of advancing God's kingdom. The game was this: There were ring pops hidden around the church that the kids had to find. I had to catch them and put them in jail, preventing them from finding them. It was super fun being able to hide in a dark corner (all the lights were off and I was wearing all black and had black face paint on) and then jump out, scaring the pants off people. But towards the end not everyone was into the game. Actually from the start not everyone was into it, but nearing the end most didn't care and were sitting around.
There was no spiritual emphasis to this night, and considering what happened last time, I think there should have been. I know that this was planned long in advance, but what happened last time something wasn't planned? God showed up and lives were changed. I'm not going to admit I know what we should have done, but these kids need more God in their lives, and me being a bad guy to them is not going to help. Relationships were not built during this night.
The good thing is that after it was over we got to hang out for a while afterward, and even go to Boston Pizza for some food and hang out there for a while. I hope the good times continue to roll, but next week, I'm gone to Sosratchmewan for the most anticipated weekend of the year!
Monday, February 18, 2008
I'm the Bad Guy
Posted by
Joel
at
1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment