Thursday, April 10, 2008

Post-India


Wow, so much has happened since I last wrote. First, I went to India. That was spectacular. There is definitely not enough space to write down all the amazing stories here. You will have to ask me in person. What I can tell you is the basics however. We arrived in Delhi and stayed there for a day. We saw the Red Fort and went shopping. The next day we took a train to Haridwar, one of the places you see in National Geographic where everyone is bathing in the Ganges. We took jeeps from there and drove to Mussourie where our host missionary couple lives. We stayed in Mussourie for a day and then started on our trek, the main focus of our trip. We hiked for 8 days, staying in villages along the way. We got to see some amazing places and meet amazing people. God answered so many prayers on that trip, and I can say with confidence that our lives were all blessed with this experience. We learned so much about prayer. We got back from the trek and stayed in Mussourie for another day. We trained it back to Delhi and stayed there for another day, seeing the sights, etc, and flew out the same day in the evening. Wonderful trip, you must ask me about it!

Last week we had our last regular youth event, the Hunger. It was a fitting end for a great year. We still do have another event, but its here at camp and I don't know how many people will show up. As always the Hunger was great. Music good, speaker pretty OK. It wasn't the best one, but still good. In the middle of it all, us Kaleo guys were called up and they announced to everyone that it was our last time at New Life youth. They gave us presents (a journal and whoopie cushions!) and hugs. I was astonished at how many people said they were going to miss us. AJ in particular was asking us if we were going to come back next year. I had to tell him I didn't know, and that was hard.

Another sweet ministry opportunity I had this week was to play in the Qtown band for the Juniors retreat. Because of youth, I wasn't able to play on Friday night, but I was able to drum for the rest of the weekend. I loved it. I really hope I will be able to play in Qtown during the summer. Fun times!!!

No comments: